The Autocross that CAN NOT be missed!!! New Venue just last year!!
Sponsored by Porsche Salt Lake City
This will be a autocross unlike no other, bring the family, friends etc. We have been invited to use a section of the Airfield between two groups of hangers and its going to be a spectator event, along with Airshow, Car show, and Air race. There will be a barricaded viewing area separating us from the crowd.
There will be considerations, aka rules to follow at this event due to regulatory agencies involved.
1) Autocross will not start before 10:30 am, due to opening ceremonies and key events that happens prior..
2) We have to have our people and cars inside our provided area by 9:00 am. “Don’t be late, arrive early!” The reason is, we have to get in there before a mass of spectators arrive and they will block off our area.
3) Once inside, the only way vehicles can exit before 4:00 pm will be difficult. Logistics! We have to be escorted down a active runway coordinating with air traffic control. “Plan on staying till 4:00 pm.”
4) LUNCH- bring it or buy it there. (Logistics) We won’t be able to drive in or out freely like other autocross venues.
5) They will put our cars in a secure area until close to 4:00 pm. This is when the last Airplane land’s on the ground and the event is finished. We are at the control of Air Traffic control. Fire and Medical personnel etc., not to mention big daddy, F.A.A.
Once again, this will be a all day event., so plan accordingly If you have any questions, please contact our Autocross chairs below.